Puyallup Playcare Center operates year round, Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. The center is closed on all legal holidays. Children are enrolled as openings in the appropriate classroom occur. Licensing capcacity for each of our rooms is determined by the Department of Early Learning and are as follows:
2 1/2 - 3 1/2
3 1/2 - 4 1/2
4 1/2 - Kindergarten Entry
2nd - 6th Grades
It may be necessary for incoming children to be placed on our waiting list as our classrooms are often full. Our office staff will contact incoming families on the waiting list when an opening is available. We also welcome incoming families to call 253 848-4232 occassionally to check on their status on the waiting list.
When a spot becomes open, we request that families tour the center to view the classroom, meet the teachers and learn about our policies. A meeting with the Director or Assistant Director will also take place so that any concerns or questions you may have can be answered at that time. It is our opportunity for us to learn more about your child so that we can offer the best care possible.
The Department of Early Learning requires that all enrollment paperwork, including immunization dates and medical needs paperwork must be complete before the child may begin care. If you have questions please contact our office staff to help you through the process.
Annual Registration Fee $50.00
Full Time Day - Preschool (10 hours or less) $33.00
Full Time Day - Kindergarten - 6th Grade (Summer, Non School Days) $30.00
Before & After School - Grades 1 - 6 $24.00
6.Before or After School Only - Grades 1 - 6 $17.00
Early Release Fee $ 6.00
Daily tuition rates include meals and snacks.
A fee of $5 per day will be assessed for care over 10 hours in one day: This fee will be assessed retroactively when care over 10 hours is required more than three days in one month. A fee of $20 will be charged upon the fourth incident. This policy becomes effective 7/1/2012. Please note: The Department of Early Learning requires documentation to be on file for any child needing care for more than 10 hours each day. Circumstances must be documented with signature on employer or school letterhead including the reason why additional care is needed.
Legal holidays are billed days. The center is closed on all legal holidays.
Children are transported to three local elementary schools by center vans. They are Fruitland, Maplewood and Meeker.
Tuition Payment Policy-effective 7/1/2012:
1. Monthly tuition is due in full by the first day of the month in which care is given. Checks or money orders please, we do not accept cash or credit cards.
2. A late payment fee of $25 or 2% of the past due balance (whichever is greater) will be added to the account if full payment is not received prior to the 16th day of the month tuition is due unless prior arrangements are made. If prior arrangements are not made, late fees will apply.
3. Accounts with a past due balance at the end of the month that care is given will have until the 15th of the following month to bring tuition payments current. If tuition is not current by that date, the child will be withdrawn from the center unless other arrangements have been made with the Director and Finance Committee.
4. Please contact the Director to complete a Payment Arrangement Form if special financial arrangements are needed. The Director and Finance Committee will sign the form if the arrangement requested is approved.
5. DSHS reimbursement is accepted. Co-pays must be paid before the 15th of each month or a late fee as noted above will apply.
6. Past due accounts will be referred for collections after 90 days without payment.
Vacation Credit: Each family, whose account is in good standing, will be given the equivalent of one week's vacation credit after one year of enrollment. The credit must be used within the child's enrollment year. The child may not be in attendance on the day the credit is used.
Holiday Billing: Holidays are billed at the regular daily rate when a child normally attends on that day. The Thursday after Thanksgiving and the day before or after Christmas are not billed as they are not legal holidays. The center is closed annually for the day after Thanksgiving and can be closed on the day before or after Christmas or New Years Day depending on when the day falls during the week. When the Center is open on Christmas Eve, it will close at 2 p.m. Closures are published well in advance.
DSHS reimbursement is accepted. Co-pays are due on the first day of the month care is given and must be paid before the 16th of each month or late fees will be added.